Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How do I get a urine sample from my 21 month old DD?

(6 Posts)
neolara Wed 15-Jun-11 16:15:34

Any ideas? She's pretty active and will fiercely resist sitting on a potty for more than, realistically, 5 - 10 seconds. We have a hospital appointment on Friday am and we've been told to bring a sample.

MotherPanda Wed 15-Jun-11 16:19:33

Bribes! Its just the once.

Owlingate Wed 15-Jun-11 16:23:06

Put a very clean cloth in nappy (not near poo time!). Squeeze out cloth in to sample bottle.

Put DD on potty and feed lots of biscuits or watch lots of TV whilst near a running tap after lots of drink.

Have done this lots with DS1 when younger.They invariably wee on the floor after hours on the potty eating biscuits. You just have to be ready to catch some of it grin

VivaLeBeaver Wed 15-Jun-11 16:23:13

Sandwich bag in nappy?

neolara Wed 15-Jun-11 16:23:31

I would do willingly do bribes (or performance related pay, as I prefer to call them), but she won't understand them. Her language is not great.

whymumwhymum Fri 17-Jun-11 21:07:12

you can get special nappies which come in a pack with a syringe etc to extract the urine, the gp gave me one when ds was a baby and it was fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now