Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has odd marks on her face - advice please??

(10 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Tue 14-Jun-11 13:02:45

DD has got odd marks around her eyes, pinprick red rash type - it's not bumpy, she says it's not itchy - all under the skin, around both eyes- no where else

What could it be? It came up over night and has got worse since she's been at school

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Tue 14-Jun-11 13:59:34

How old is dd?
Has she been sick recently?
Could she possibly have bulimia?

I only ask as I went through a phase myself when at university and I used to get red pinpricks on my eyelids and below my eyes.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 14-Jun-11 15:24:15

shes 4

Awomancalledhorse Tue 14-Jun-11 15:36:28

What HRHFiggyRolls said sounds about right; I get this when I throw up (I throw up with my eyes open), it's the blood vessels coming to the surface apparently (Dr told me this when I was 5/6).

I used to sometimes get it on the tops of my shoulders too, has she got marks there?

swanker Tue 14-Jun-11 15:45:44

Could it be pollen? My 5yo has suffered a lot this summer with pollen allergy- piriton has helped, and aveeno cream on the rash.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 14-Jun-11 15:52:30

oh gosh. she hasn't been sick - and im sure I'd know - shes quite happy and healthy and "normal"

where the marks are look quite puffy and yellow ish - but now shes been running around shes bright red so hard to tell now

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Tue 14-Jun-11 18:56:25

Sorry! Would have rung alarm bells if she was a teen but at 4 its very likely to be something completely different smile

DeWe Tue 14-Jun-11 20:28:49

Is she coughing?
It can be blood vessels bursting same as being sick.
Do they fade under a glass? No I don't think it's menengitis, but ds gets those, I've lost count of the number of times he's had a blood test due to them. It generally means that he's got a virus, and it seems to do that in him (along with go to his ears). If she's still got it tomorrow I would have her checked. Ds always seems quite well with his, but they often want to blood test him.

swanker Thu 16-Jun-11 12:43:22

How is she now OWO? Any improvement?

littleducks Thu 16-Jun-11 12:48:23

I get this from crying alot...can be quite embarassing. Not sure if that is any help though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now