Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

slightly embarrassing 'bits' question abt dd 27m

(7 Posts)
bebemooneedsabreak Tue 14-Jun-11 11:52:41

So dd often complains about her vulva hurting when I wipe it. In the past I thought perhaps I was being too harsh with the wipes or that they were stinging a bit as she has some senstivity issues. BUT today for the first time ever blush I really had a look at them ...she seems to have a fused labia?? There's a webbing about 1/2 or 3/4inch long I.e. she's got 2 holes (clitoris O--O anus) If you get what I'm trying to describe... is this typical?
I mean it's not right is it? I'm second guessing myself because I don't know my anatomy all that well...it's not hymen? Isn't that interior? Or am I really off the ball?
I honestly don't remember it always being there...but I've also never really looked that closely at her vulva...I suppose I could have missed it all this time! blush
I just know mine doesn't look like that... and I never remember it doing so...
I'm currently feeling like a very bad mother... and slightly worried and confused abt it all...

PrettyCandles Tue 14-Jun-11 11:59:54

If you are concerned then it's best to ask your GP, especially if your dd has discomfort.

There should be two holes (the urethra and the vagina) between the clitoris and the anus. That is normal. It occasionally happens that the skin of the opening of the vagina fuses, but the puberty hormones cause it to open up again. That may be what has happened with her labia.

If there is a fold of skin there, wee or poo coul perhaps be getting trapped and making her sore? Or is she only sore on contact?

Probably best to get the dr to have a look. But I don't think itsanyrhing scary.

ExitPursuedByAKitten Tue 14-Jun-11 12:02:59

There was a thread on here a few months ago from an OP whose DD had no vaginal opening. The labia had fused and I think there is some sort of cream that can be applied to help it open (I think urine was getting trapped in her case). Definitely take her to the Doctor (although on the previous thread the Doctor disputed the number of openings which led to much gasping and shaking of heads on here).

bebemooneedsabreak Tue 14-Jun-11 12:09:57

What I'm thinking is things could get trapped... It's like a little 'tunnel' between the 2 holes covering where the vagina hole would be. It's often redder (I do know) then I would expect it to be just inside the labia...

I did read abt the fusing in a tiny blurb and wondered if that was what it was.

I was trying to read and look for some pictures on google...but as expected I've come up with some rather dodgy things...

We're currently in Germany..dunno if I should find my way to the GP here or wait 6 weeks until we return confused ...it doesn't seem like it would be life threatening...

bebemooneedsabreak Tue 14-Jun-11 12:12:24

Exit- I'll look for that thread thanks smile

bebemooneedsabreak Tue 14-Jun-11 12:18:32

ah I see a few people have found this with their dd's too... makes me feel somewhat better but still very uncertain... will search out my options some more.

breatheslowly Tue 14-Jun-11 12:30:33

Could be lichen sclerosus - check with your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now