Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hayfever with constant cough ....what will help?

(3 Posts)
nobodysfool Tue 14-Jun-11 09:54:54

Hello,

my DS is 6 and has hayfever for the last 3 years but this year he has got a terrible cough with it.We have changed from citrazine over to loratidene and it doesnt seemed to have helped.As i understand it the cough is caused by'nasal drip'.Are there any medicines available to help this as it he hasnt had a proper nights sleep in weeks due to the cough.
Any advice appreciated.

moonmother Tue 14-Jun-11 10:08:10

I'd get him checked out by your GP.

My Ds(7) has had this for the past 3 years, the cough got so bad, like your DS that it was causing him to lose sleep, it turned out it's seasonal asthma. Our Gp gave him 2 inhalers and within a few days of using them his cough got better.

Now we start giving him the inhalers in the run upto hayfever season and all the way through it, and he's fine. Although this year the hayfever has been a lot worse due to the dry weather, so had to take him back to the Gp's, he just increased his dose of inhalers, gave him stronger antihistamines and gave him nasal sprays and eye drops too.

nobodysfool Tue 14-Jun-11 10:15:52

thanks moonmother.I have just got appt for Fri so hopefully they can get him sorted.
Odd as i have just been diagnosed with seasonal asthma....pumps etc.I really hope he doesnt have it to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now