Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old with reflux when laughing...

(5 Posts)
vigglewiggle Mon 13-Jun-11 16:30:13

Poor DD2 is a very giggly and happy soul, but when she gets carried away she suffers reflux. She then hiccups for a while after. It doesn't seem to hurt but it is obviously not very nice for her.

She has food allergies and is often very bloated, I'm not sure whether these things are connected.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Does anyone know of any treatments that work?

Tile Mon 13-Jun-11 16:37:17

My DS (also 3 yrs) does this too and it doesn't seem to bother him either.

He has no allergies. Looking back, I'm sure he had reflux as a baby but I just didn't regonise the symptoms of it (nor did HV!) and wonder if he just has a weak stomach valve that let's the acid up.

Did your DD have reflux as a baby?

Sorry not much help re treatments etc. I'm interested to see if anyone else replies with more info.

vigglewiggle Mon 13-Jun-11 17:16:30

No, I am certain she didn't had reflux as a baby as DD1 did and I was very aware of what the symtoms were. She was not sicky at all as a baby, that's the weird thing. confused

vigglewiggle Mon 13-Jun-11 18:45:45

symptoms - obviously

vigglewiggle Wed 15-Jun-11 12:08:41

Bump smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now