Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS (5) pooing out what looks like saliva...

(4 Posts)

DS has problems (soiling) and has been treated with movicol, range of dosesfrom2aday to 8 aday and back up anddown a few times. Anyway, today he thought he pooed himself and I checked and there was just a small damp patch,I told him to try on the toilet and when he did he thought he was pooing but it was just little bubbles, exactly likefoamy spit. Is this normal?confused Thanks

vintageteacups Thu 09-Jun-11 20:50:14

If he has a cold, it could be mucous or perhaps it's bubbly diarrhoea sneaking past the constipated poo.

My ds has very mucous like poo sometimes if he swallows a lot when he has a cold.

japhrimel Sat 11-Jun-11 21:25:50

If the GI tract is cramping a lot, it produces excess mucus - it's a common issue with IBS.

Why is a laxative being prescribed for continence problems?

THey are treating for constipation/overflow. GP and Paed both have never felt a hard tummy though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now