Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD heart missing beat/banging - help?

(3 Posts)
CocktailQueen Thu 09-Jun-11 09:28:28

DD age 7 came home from school yesterday v upset - at PE they had been running and she said her 'heart did a big bang then missed a few steps then felt as if it was melting' (her words). This terrified her so much and felt so weird that she wet herself.

Soon after she was fine, was fine all yesterday eve and fine today.

Have spoken to her gp and am taking her in for an appt after school today - tho feel it is unlikely they wil hear anything abnormal when they listen to her chest as it's only ever happened once... but was after some advice.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before? Is it just one of those things or could it happen again?? I know, how long is a piece of string, but it's so odd, am a bit worried. She is very physically fit and spends all her time doing gymnastics adn running around. She wasn't out of breath/her heart wasn't beating too fast when it happened.

Thanks for any advice.

bubbleymummy Thu 09-Jun-11 10:55:16

Strange heartbeats can be a symptom of certain vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Iron is one of them iirc. Maybe worth discussing diet when you see the GP?

jubilee10 Thu 09-Jun-11 19:04:13

I get this, although started as an adult so not as a child. It is really scarey. I have had lots of tests and seen a cardiologist but nothing has ever been found. I can go weeks without ever having it or can have it dozens of times in one day. It is often worst if I am coming down with something - even a cold. It can often be my first symptom! I sometimes think it is worse when I am stressed.

Hope all is well when you see the GP - let us know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now