Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Projectile vomiting - when to worry?

(2 Posts)
Samvet Wed 08-Jun-11 14:59:51

Hello,
I would appreciate advice from more experienced mummies. My 9m old has in the last week had 3 projectile vomits. 2 after nighttime milk and today after lunch at nursery. He had a cold 2 weeks ago and still sounds a little nasal and has a cough. He is also teething like crazy. All vomits have been after eating alot (he has a big appetite). He is otherwise well and no temp or diarrhoea.
My questions - can he just be overeating and his stomach says no more?
Could it be related to teething/bit of a cold?
Should I worry or just limit the size of his meals a bit?
Do babies always know when they have had enough?
thank you!

Flojo1979 Wed 08-Jun-11 17:11:55

Hi, my DS def did not know when he'd had enough, as a newborn he used to breast feed til he was sick then start again. And was pretty much like this when weaned, i had to control what he ate else he'd eat til he was sick all the time. He was a chubby tot and is now a stick thin 6 yr old running round all the time but still with a healthy attitude, tho i'm not complaining cos he eats anything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now