Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Irritable Hip -Anybody medical about?

(4 Posts)
pixipie151 Tue 07-Jun-11 14:42:01

DD age 2 has just been diagnosed with irritable hip. I asked the doctor if she needed to stay off the leg and doc said no. Got home and looked up condition on internet and all the advice seems to be to rest it otherwise increased chance of it reoccuring. My DD was not able to walk on it at all until she had ibuprofen at A&E and has now gone hyper, running about etc. Should I be worried and try and keep her off it?

MegGriffin Tue 07-Jun-11 17:28:19

My dd had this when she was 2. It came on suddenly after a cold virus. It did not give her any pain but she could only walk/run with a limp. We had a few trips to the hospital, x ray, bloods etc but other than that nothing and she started walking on it after a while. It has never reoccured. The nurse said to me a few years ago they would put the children in traction shock.
Hope your DD gets better soon.

MegGriffin Tue 07-Jun-11 17:29:04

Almost impossible to get a 2 year old to rest!

pixipie151 Wed 08-Jun-11 14:43:23

Thanks for your replies. My LO is running around like a loon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now