Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 month old with cough and sore throat...

(4 Posts)
ChoChoSan Mon 06-Jun-11 23:30:06

Hello,

Just looking for a bit of advice, my 4 month old has had a bit of a blocked nose for a couple of weeks, but has been otherwise well, exceot for a little coughing.

Today her cry seems quite sharp and painful, and her cough is getting a little less 'fake' sounding.

Should i just observe her, or should i take her to the gp to nip a more serious cough in the bud?

She has been really healthy since birth, but whilst i dont want to be pfb about anything, nor do i want to risk her getting an unpleasant chesty cough/cold by being too 'laissez faire' on her behalf.

What do you think...see what happens, or get in there early? Ill try to stay up for responses, but may need to go to bed to feed her if she wakes up upset/ill, so sorry if i dont stay on the thread this pm. Advice gratefully received.

Sirzy Tue 07-Jun-11 09:37:13

Is she feeding normally? If not certainly take her to be checked.

Otherwise I would still take her if your worried even if just for peace of mind.

ChoChoSan Tue 07-Jun-11 12:24:47

Shes feeding fine, and hasnt been coughing today, though still really snorty in the nose, which she has been for a couple of weeks. I think ill see how it goes, and see gp if she develops a cough.

twinmummy24 Tue 07-Jun-11 14:11:32

if she is still feeding well i would't be to worried, if she starts spiking temps, going off her milk or becomes lethatrgic at all then get her checked out x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: