Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hayfever headaches?

(3 Posts)
scaredykatt Mon 06-Jun-11 10:00:20

Just wondered whether anyone has any experience of this. My 14 yr old DS has just started suffering with his yearly bout of hayfever but, this time, he seems to be having intermittent throbbing head pain when standing, moving his head, or coughing. He has never had this with his hayfever before and he has been suffering for years. Does anyone else's DC's suffer like this or should I be concerned that it's not related and take him to the GP?

mumof4sons Mon 06-Jun-11 20:17:04

What you described sounds a bit like sinus pain to me. Could be that he might have a sinus infection brought on by the hayfever. I usually end up getting a sinus infection if my hayfever has been particularly bad. Other symptoms that might show up are really green/yellow mucus from nose, slightly swollen eyes, and it will hurt if you tap lightly around the sinus area.

You could try having him steam his sinuses to help with the pain.

scaredykatt Tue 07-Jun-11 14:49:22

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's sinusitis as the pain is at the back of the head or on top and there is no nasal discharge. I'm also beginning to think it's not hay fever as he's now dosed up on benadryl and the hay fever symptoms have pretty much gone.....but the head pain is still there. I think I'll make a trip to the doctors. The words "brain tumour" keep uncontrollably popping into my head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now