Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

a delicate question about delicate area?!

(7 Posts)
NorthernGobshite Sat 04-Jun-11 19:08:38

My dd (6) occasionally gets a bit 'gloopy'(light green discharge) and swlightly wiffy in her vagina. She's a terrible one for fumbling around down there and I think she often does it with less than clean fingers! My question is; how do you keep your dd's bits and bobs clean? I bathe her 1-2 times weekly, but not sure what to use on her delicate areas - I use wipes mostly, but they sometimes are a bit stingy. Any ideas?
I know its a delightful subject, sorry! I feel a bit pathetic asking, given she's 6! I'm sure i should have worked this out by now!

Elibean Sat 04-Jun-11 20:12:29

Maybe bath or wash her with water (in relevent area!) daily for a bit? When my dds (4 and 7) don't have a bath/shower, I tend to wash faces, then pits, then bottoms and bits with a well soaked flannel - not soap, just warm water. I think it does a better job than wipes, and is gentler.
I think at that age, they are sometimes not great at wiping themselves either - which doesn't help on the hygiene front.

vigglewiggle Sat 04-Jun-11 20:19:03

I think if there is a green discharge and a pungency to it, I would err on the side of caution and book a dr's appointment. She could have some sort of infection and may be a bit prone to them which might be why she is 'delving around.'

whomovedmychocolate Sat 04-Jun-11 20:20:07

GP. It's either fine or she's given herself something like BV (common with knicker fossickers don't worry!) smile Easily cleared up too.

stripeywoollenhat Sat 04-Jun-11 20:24:14

if you had a green discharge, you'd probably run go to the doctor, right...? take her to the gp.

Piggyleroux Sat 04-Jun-11 20:32:07

You need to take her to the gp and bathe her more than twice a week. Using wipes is no substitute for a proper wash.

NorthernGobshite Sat 04-Jun-11 20:42:43

She's had the green discharge before over number of years, and it clears in a matter of days. Its due, I am fairly certain, the dirty fingers poking about. She sometimes falls asleep playing with herself - its her body - and is a bit rubbish at washing her hands unless I repeatedly nag.

I think the not wiping well is a contributer too as she justs dabs at herself after a wee, and is often a bit damp still. That and the warm weather can't be healthy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now