Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

do 4yos get cradle cap?

(7 Posts)
Abelia Fri 03-Jun-11 20:26:46

ds has small brown scaly patches on his scalp, just a few but spotted more tonight. could this be cradle cap still? he had a bit as a baby but always had plenty of hair so never noticeable.

if so is there a good shampoo for getting rid? he has a hairwash every other night with a mild kids shampoo.

Koshka Fri 03-Jun-11 20:30:52

My DS is nearly 5 and he had a but of cradle cap still a few months ago. We used dentinox followed by johnsons and then combed his hair a lot when wet. HTH x

mrsravelstein Fri 03-Jun-11 20:34:34

yes, kamillosan make a cradle cap oil, it works brilliantly. as does head and shoulders i find.

Abelia Fri 03-Jun-11 20:44:54

thank you!

mangomay Sun 05-Jun-11 22:26:27

My 11 year old nephew had cradle cap recently, although in a child of that age its mostly down to his refusal to have his hair washed (he has aspergers and hates the hair washing) My Mum used Dentinox when he let her do it and it worked great. So yes, I guess a 4 year old can!

clunie Tue 21-Jun-11 09:59:56

Yes 4 yrs old can have cradle cap - there are some good shampoos and scalp products out there which can help.

Marne Tue 21-Jun-11 12:02:15

yep, moth mine have it (age 5 and 7), the only time i have managed to get rid of it is when i have treated for nits with hedrin smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now