Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

exposed to measles

(2 Posts)
BooyHoo Fri 03-Jun-11 13:20:51

ok so the dcs were at a party on sunday and the mum has phoned last night to let me know that one little boy has been diagnosed with measles since then. my dcs have both had their vaccinations against it but she said tehy can still get it and if they do they will be infectious to others at 6 days from exposure but not show symptoms til 10-14 days. so we are supposed to go to my parents' house for dinner tonight, my mum is a midwife and obviously has all her jabs up to date. should i ring her and cancel? dcs are also due to go to otehr grandparents on sat and a party on sunday but will not be sending to either as tehre will be otehr children at both. tehre are no children at my mum's house i just worry about her carrying it to work on monday.

BooyHoo Fri 03-Jun-11 13:32:49

bumping.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: