Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

NHS Direct say I need a call back but they are very busy. DH home in 20 minutes can you advise me until then please?

(8 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Thu 02-Jun-11 17:44:20

DD slipped on the grass and has scraped her arm and side a bit but she says it hurts when she breathes but there is no grazing on her chest.

She is still able to shout at her brother, eat a scone and speak normally.

She is 7.

TobyLerone Thu 02-Jun-11 17:46:07

Bump to the ribs. It hurts. But she'll be fine grin

TheOriginalFAB Thu 02-Jun-11 17:47:05

Okay, thanks.

She is also still managing to demand I tell her what every other word means in the book she is reading.

PacificDogwood Thu 02-Jun-11 17:47:32

Did she wind herself?
If she is breathing ok and is behaving otherwise normally, I wouldn't worry too much.
How long ago did it happen?
Brusing to the chestwall is jolly sore, but might not be immediately apparent. Give her some Calpol.
Unless she fell off a great height or onto a sharp ledge she is very unlikely to have broken anything - 7 year old ribs are very flexible wink.

Hope she is ok.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 02-Jun-11 17:47:44

Paracetamol, rest, it'll be fine.

It does hurt a lot when you whack your ribs.

If it hurts when she coughs (so much that she actually cries) she may have broken them, but there's very little that can be done. So long as she is breathing okay, just treat with painkillers and (limited) sympathy smile

PacificDogwood Thu 02-Jun-11 17:48:02

Demanding = fine
grin

QueenOfFeckingEverything Thu 02-Jun-11 17:48:54

Well, I don't like to give medical advice on here.

But if that was my DD I would not be overly concerned, in fact I wouldn't even have called NHS Direct. I'd just watch her and see how she was by bedtime.

But I am Quite Slack and my kids have to have bits falling off them before they get more than a kiss and an 'oh dear' blush

TheOriginalFAB Thu 02-Jun-11 17:51:59

She is now moaning at her brother copying her coughing. She says it hurts to cough.

I wouldn't call them either for this but on line checker is a good compromise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now