Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

best treatment for eczema?

(7 Posts)
IvyAndGold Wed 01-Jun-11 20:22:10

DD (13mo) has started getting eczema in the backs of her knees and elbows. been using E45 on it for the last couple of days but doesn't seem to be making a fat lot of difference. she had it when she was really young but i can't bloody remember what i used on it!

best remedies, oh wise MNers? grin

IvyAndGold Wed 01-Jun-11 20:28:34

<sly bump>

RitaMorgan Wed 01-Jun-11 20:31:39

Apparently E45 and aqueous creams aren't recommended for children with eczema anymore as they can make it worse. I have found oilatum bath additive and hydromol ointment has been great for my ds though.

IvyAndGold Wed 01-Jun-11 21:06:53

ooh, cheers Rita, shall try that smile

emjoe Thu 02-Jun-11 19:23:10

My little girl was smothered- a doctor prescribed a cream called Balneum cream- never had heard of it but seriously overnight and one application and her skin was a 100% better we use it everyday and she is completely clear now, he told us not to use e45. hope that helps.

GreatOrmondSt Mon 06-Jun-11 17:46:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

clunie Tue 21-Jun-11 09:56:33

Have a look at www.pureandgentle.com really helped me loads of information and products and they do a free symptom spotter that you can download which is brill. Also why not try oatmeal in a muslin cloth in the bath it really calms the skin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now