Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tonsils & adenoids out - when can they get active

(4 Posts)
tiger66 Wed 01-Jun-11 08:21:36

My ds is 5 days post op and although today is feeling pretty gt#rooty he does want to get out and go scooting. When would you suggest he can do that?

Consultant said 2 weeks for anything else active like his gym and swim but thought that was more to do with social contact.

Thanks

GreenTeapot Wed 01-Jun-11 08:27:44

Knew this would be you tiger. The nurse told us DS was fine to go for walks and play in the garden etc. TBH he's not up to it really, he's normally out all day but he's just had a couple of ten-minute wanders round the garden so far. I'm still not sure whether to see the GP - mostly he's ok for a few hours after Nurofen but is generally weepy, refusing most food, and still really tired. Hope your wee lad's feeling much better smile

tiger66 Wed 01-Jun-11 09:23:15

We are now day 5 which they said would be the worst and last night he really struggled to take his pain meds. Are you giving him paracetamol also? We ahve been alternatine paracetamol and ibuprofen every 3 hours which is what we were advised around the clock and he is doing not too bad, just letting him eat what he wants which yesterday was pesto pasta which he managed okay with lots of biscuits and ice cream.

I always think that if you are worried, see the gp.

GreenTeapot Wed 01-Jun-11 13:08:36

We saw the GP this morning and he was happy with DS. Incidentally it was the same GP who 6 months ago, when I took DS in to ask about the snoring and tiredness, told me that apnoea was vanishingly rare in kids and he didn't think there was actually a problem angry. Anyway, no infection, we've to keep feeding him whatever he wants really and he emphasised that getting him out and about for walks and stuff was fine, so I'd imagine for your DS scooting around would be OK at this stage.

Hopefully this is the bad bit and we'll be on the up soon smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: