Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Faint Rash??

(3 Posts)
rockinhippy Tue 31-May-11 20:48:44

I'm not sure if this is anything to worry about or not confused

on putting DD to bed I've just noticed she has a faint small pimpled raised rash - right across her torso, back & front - & looking in the light I can see she has more on her forehead - hidden under her fringe - its pale, barely any colour, but can be felt, at first I thought goosebumps, but its a definite rash though only very slightly pink - needed strong light to show that up.

She has been a bit snuffly this week & also has diareah, but diareah can be normal for her - though usually for a food or stress reason - none I can think of, ATM - though she was travel sick on a day out yesterday & I wondered if that had unsettled her stomach - though it wouldn't usually - also she's not been travel sick for a quite some time & it wasn't a long journey, so that in itself was odd confused

She is a bit under the weather, cold & clammy forehead at times, but doesn't seem to have a temperature, but does look pale with dark circles on her eyes

Not sure why, but measles popped into my head on looking at her - though she did have single jabs, she didn't have her booster due to needing to be well to have it, & there not been a window where the jab people have been in town when she has been well - though School nurse (who I've a lot of respect for) did say I was doing the right thing, due to DD being ill a lot at the time.

Does this sound like anything?? - she's generally not prone to proper rashes like this & has had chicken pox & german measles

Thank you smile

fortyplus Tue 31-May-11 20:51:06

You know what to do - the glass test to rule out meningococcal septicemia. Other than that it could be Chicken Pox, Rosacea - or even just a heat rash. Very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

rockinhippy Wed 01-Jun-11 11:29:59

Thanks - yes I did that as a precaution, although its not that kind of rash - DH always panics, so did it to pacify him anyway - & no not chicken pox - rash is different to that 7 she's had that too.

The rash did flare up & has ended up covering her body, jumped from torso to feet & then up her legs & everywhere else confused - ended up having to put her in the bath with oats & lavender etc to try & take the soreness out of it & doused her down with Calamine lotion to help her sleep - her temperature did go up, though not massively high at 37.2 , so also gave her ibruprohen - she slept right through until 10 - very unusual for her.

I'm now waiting on our GP to ring, as after reading around the internet - with sore throat, snuffles & a body wide pale rash & slightly raised temp etc, its actually looking & reading very much like its German measles confused

As far as we know she had this at about 9 months old - didn't get her immunised against that one (single jabs) as we were advised there was no need as she'd already had it - wondering now if the GP we had at the time was actually right in her diagnosis confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: