Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

VSD 9 week old

(4 Posts)
NewChoos Tue 31-May-11 15:18:30

Looking for some advice please.

DS had first immunisations today and was checked pre and the dr said he could hear a murmur. Everything was said to be normal at 6 week check at gp surgery (he was checked today as on a vaccination trial). The dr said it's very common and normally closes on its own and I should make an appointment at gp's to get him checked again next week. But of course I am very stressed now and know his dad will be when he comes home.
Baby is otherwise well, gaining weight (although is on small side). He has been a bit snuffly past couple of days and been bringing up a little more milk but has no temperature and generally seems fine.

Any wise words appreciated - very stressed!

Wallace Wed 01-Jun-11 07:16:58

Try not to worry, a small VSD usually does close on it's own.

Did he say VSD just from the noise of the murmur? Has your ds had an echo?

Do try not to stress, but I do know exactly how you feel xxxx

NewChoos Wed 01-Jun-11 07:33:41

Thanks for message, dr said sounded like vsd from noise. I managed to get a gp appointment and we are going to the assessment unit today.

Very scared, thanks for the support x

Wallace Wed 01-Jun-11 13:17:27

Hope it went well.

Weirdly I got a letter through today for my dd's heart check up - she hasn't had one for 5 years!

Thinking of you xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: