Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

nit eggs?

(5 Posts)
reikizen Mon 30-May-11 15:55:40

I've found what seem to be empty nit eggs in DD1's hair, but no nits that I can see. Should I get some nit cream and if so which one? Amazingly, although she is 7 we have never had this problem before!

reikizen Mon 30-May-11 15:56:36

oh yes, and what do I need to do about hair brushes?

Seona1973 Mon 30-May-11 17:11:43

have you combed through with conditioner and a nit comb? If you have and have found no live lice then you dont need to do anything as you should only treat if you find live lice. The nits are the cases and what comes out of them is the lice.

MamaKnowsBest Wed 01-Jun-11 20:06:53

I would recommend the Nitty Gritty Nit comb - it is really useful for easily removing the egg casings, the best one I have used.

Elibean Wed 01-Jun-11 21:21:27

dd only had them for the first time this year, aged 7 - Nitty Gritty comb (far far better than any other!), and if you find a live louse, Hedrin Once. They are not easy to see - they move surprisingly fast when you part the hair, and it took me a while (and lots of combing) to find them on dd, even though she has fine blonde shoulder length hair! Unusual to find empty eggs and no lice...

I've treated and combed again both times she's had them, and never found anything alive - but wise to keep combing for a while just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: