Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 week old with cold ?

(3 Posts)
spud28 Mon 30-May-11 08:47:31

I was wndering if anyone can give me some advice before I go running to A&E as a panic stricken first time mum ! my 3 week old boy has started this morning a kind of rattle when he breathes, if he was an adult you would think he needs a good cough. Both me and my partner have had colds in the past week. My little boy is still breastfeeding and generally seems fine, is it just a cold ? im in a bit of a panic as its my husbands first day back at work sad

TanteRose Mon 30-May-11 08:55:55

hi there - don't panic, babies can be very noisy with their snuffles and burps and whistles and farts!!
keep feeding him as your breastmilk is the best thing - it has antibodies that will help him fight the cold, if that is what it is...

just keep an eye on him for a couple of days, to make sure it doesn't get any worse...it will probably just clear itself smile

spud28 Mon 30-May-11 09:11:18

Thank you so much TanteRose, I was really hoping that the fact her was breastfeeding would hopefully prevent him from catching mummy and daddys cold smile but obviously not. I will keep a close eye on him, its so horrid thinking someone that tiny has a horrible cold they carn't do any thing about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: