Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd (aged 6) flushed, crying, restless, fidgetty..

(7 Posts)
WhereamI Sun 29-May-11 15:13:10

have not seen her like this before...flushed cheeks..slight temp, threw up yesterday..it's the restless fidget legs that are strange..any ideas?

corblimeymadam Sun 29-May-11 15:16:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhereamI Sun 29-May-11 15:24:28

oh..I hadn't even thought of that..are restless legs one of the symptoms then?....

Imnotaslimjim Sun 29-May-11 15:25:39

Could be, if she's sore down there. Lots of fluids, even if its not that will help see her right. Try not to give her calpol unless she's in pain, the fever is a natural defense adn will help her get better quicker

WhereamI Sun 29-May-11 15:33:16

I've asked her if she's hurting or achey anywhere and she says no just feel ill. The legs almost seem like she's shaking them to distract herself from being ill. Her upset is similarly puzzling...she's obviously distressed by feeling so under the weather..I've not heard her being distressed in this way before..it's different from the normal crying..

corblimeymadam Mon 30-May-11 15:13:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stirrings Wed 01-Jun-11 08:41:45

thanx belgianbun. In the end, we got an out of hrs appt with a dr (which took hrs as had to run thru NHD Direct hoops). Took a urine sample..it was cloudy but no infection in it. Of course, she'd perked up on entering the waiting room with the toys! Was okay the following day (yesterday) in the am..and I thought it was all gone..then at 4pm, same thing...saying she feels unwell, lying on sofa, thrashing legs..asked me to rub her tummy. Kept saying too that she wanted the dr (given she's dr phobic, this was makes me think she's ina fair bit of pain). I then phoned the drs again and spoke to them..he thinks she's having gut spasms as a result of a tummy bug. Will see what she is like today. Thanks for asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now