Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

new to 50/50 cream - am I being thick?!

(2 Posts)
mummybear25 Sat 28-May-11 21:04:50

Hi, DD1 has atopic eczema which had responded well to Epaderm. She's now finding that itchy and we've just been prescribed 50/50 cream by the GP. We've just got our first tub and it's quite liquid on the top with more solid looking stuff underneath, is that normal? Some other threads said it's like vaseline but softer, but ours doesn't really look like that description. I'm guessing given recent warm weather it might have started to separate....?

Do we dig below the liquid to get to the more solid stuff or do we need to mix it together somehow? Sorry if I'm being a real thickie, but there's no patient info leaflet! Would love to hear from other users what it's like to deal with.

Many thanks

mumsiepie Sat 28-May-11 22:23:16

have never seen it how you describe only like vaseline but softer, it's even a bit sloppy....ask at the chemist you got it from

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now