Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Loose poo and nappy rash following 12/13m vacs - would you stop milk for 24hrs?

(2 Posts)
redvelvetmooncupcake Sat 28-May-11 12:26:02

My LO had 12m boosters and MMR together last week. She was fine afterwards if a bit sleepy. There has been a stomach bug going round her nursery (and the whole city I think, people have been off at my workplace and DPs). She had 8 loose nappies on Thursday but none overnight, 4 loose and 2 normal yesterday and has had one fairly loose nappy today.

Her temperature and appetite have been fine, she's been her usual self. It's not diarrhoea in the "true" sense as the poos are spaced out and some of them have been totally normal. I honestly don't think she's got the bug, I think it's just a side effect of the vacs.

None of this would really matter if it weren't for how sore her bum is. We are dipping her in plain water and using bepanthen, it's a tiny bit better than it was but she is screaming at every nappy change.

Anyone else experienced this? Did it clear up after a few days?

Am contemplating stopping formula for 24hrs to see if that helps (she has follow on milk and lactofree normally), but not sure if there's much point? TIA.

LittlebearH Sat 28-May-11 20:47:22

Had similar experience of this recently. DD had her MMR 3 weeks ago. She periodically has "teething poos" which are rank and make her bottom red and sore. It normally settles down without stopping milk. I have only stopped milk when she had a vomiting bug, on dr's advice.

We too use Bepanthen and also use pampers ultra dry nappies to avoid the acidic poo/wee coming into contact for any length of time. We also change her more often too.

HTH.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: