Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

stung by bumble bee

(4 Posts)
classyinpink Sat 28-May-11 09:05:50

it was dying (I thought as it was wriggling on the window sill). I left it and when my 4 year old DD went near the window sill to get some books it stung her on her ankle and now it's swelling up. I think it was bumble bee as it was big and furry.... she says it reallys hurts. we are putting ice there at the moment. Any wise advice will be appreciated. than you.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 28-May-11 09:08:21

Have you got any antihistamine cream or even something like piriton 9not sure of the ages on it though). Also if she is ok with nurofen that can help.

smudgethepuppydog Sat 28-May-11 09:13:32

If you can see the sting try to remove it, scrape it off with your finger nail or a credit card, then wash the area and use ice or an ice pack to relieve the swelling.

SoupDragon Sat 28-May-11 09:19:14

I would give her a dose of antihistamine and keep an eye on her ankle.

I had a sting last year and my foot swelled up complete with redness spreading up my leg. My GP wasn't sure if it was an infection or an allergic reaction so i had antibiotics as well as the antihistamine. I have also had stings which did not react at all beyond the normal hurt and itching so this was rather usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now