Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Another chicken pox question

(3 Posts)
del1 Fri 27-May-11 20:16:27

My DD is 10 months old, and has been quite poorley with the pox.
She got it last Weds, so most of the spots are starting to dry a bit.
But her lady bits, bum and chin area are still bad. They seem to be more like a raw red rash, with big deep blisters / acne look.
I've had her nappy of most of the time to try and dry it up, but doesnt seem to be helping much.
She did have nappy rash, and was dribbling from her chin from teething before the pox.
Was just wondering if anyone else had it like this? Does it sound normal?
My DS had it 2 weeks before, and although he also had lots of spots, they were not as deep, and didn't look like acne?
My two neices had it recently aswell and it didn't look this bad?

lorisparkle Fri 27-May-11 21:13:04

My DS1 had a spot right under his willy which looked awful and took forever to clear up. I can't give advice as to whether your DD spots are normal or not but for DS1 we found that bicarbonate of soda was great for drying the spots. We made it into a paste to put on them whilst he was wet from having a bath and let him play in the bathroom until he had dried. If you are concerned it might be worth seeing the GP.

america Fri 27-May-11 21:14:42

I would call the GP. DC just had chickenpox and we got zyrtec and antihistamine and no nappy which seemed to help. I guess you are afraid of scarring?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: