Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

is there a headache virus going round?

(7 Posts)
piratecat Thu 26-May-11 07:43:46

I had bad headaches for a few days last week and the week before.

dd has had a bad head for 3 days, in bed bad.

thanks

cheekeymonkey Thu 26-May-11 12:15:46

Me too! My DD has broken out big time in chicken pox now. Could this be the reason?

piratecat Thu 26-May-11 12:26:23

ooh not sure, but i guess viruses can cause headaches.dd has had chickenpox, she's 9. I think dd has tonsillitis again, going to doc later to get her checked out.

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Thu 26-May-11 12:29:43

I think there is. Both my dcs had headaches for days on end a couple of weeks ago, coupled with real extreme tiredness, then they both had slightly upset stomachs, sore throats, coldy type symptoms, weird spikes in temperature that took a while to come down. Seems to go away, then comes back a few days later, too. I think we've just got rid of it, and it started just before Easter...

piratecat Thu 26-May-11 14:14:23

did yours take any time off school? dd has been so bad she has been off.

i agree with the going away and coming back thing, that's what happened to me.

whydobirdssuddenlyappear Thu 26-May-11 17:43:46

They're HE, so not at school, but, had they been at school, they'd have been bad enough to have to stay at home, iyswim. Poor DS had such bad heads he had to lie down and sleep.

rockinhippy Fri 27-May-11 13:27:11

Not as such, what is the weather doing near you?? - its building up to a big storm here - which can't come soon enough for me - fighting a migraine from hell sad & DD has just been sent home from School with what I am starting to realise is Abdominal Migraine

the kind of barometic pressure you get with the run up to a storm can cause headaches etc for some, especially if theres migraine in the family

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: