Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ranula (mucus cyst on floor of mouth)

(5 Posts)
theDudesmummy Mon 16-May-11 10:49:01

Hi
Has anyone had the experince of having their child treated for a ranula? My 2 year old DS has one on the floor of his mouth, under his tonue, and we are due to see the ENT surgeon shortly, looks like he may have to have a little operation to remove or drain it. I just wondered if nayone had any experience of this type of surgery on their child that they could share?
Thanks

vintageteacups Mon 16-May-11 20:45:31

Yes - my dd had one - it used to get bigger and then 'deflate'. The doctor said they usually disappear on their own and after about 6 months, it did.

theDudesmummy Wed 18-May-11 11:44:25

Oh ok that is interesting, thanks. The paediatrician seemd to think it may need surgery but have not seen the surgeon yet so will wait to see what he says

vintageteacups Wed 18-May-11 15:47:56

DD's looked like this and just went away.....

here

Momof1ds Sun 12-Nov-17 21:25:45

I know this is old but there are not many conversations going on this. Just noticed this on my son. But his looks different. Its a white ball. He is 15 months. My ped identified it and sent us to an ent who agreed that he thought it was a renula. But due to age and the need for anistisia we would not remove till he is older, as long as it dosent get huge or infected. Wish i could put a picture as it looks so different. Just wanted to share for anyone else. Who might look this up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: