Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

12wo, blood at base of penis

(6 Posts)
vmcd28 Thu 10-Feb-11 18:21:40

Last week I was changing ds2's nappy, and noticed a thin line of dried blood along the crease where the penis is attached to the body, if that makes sense, almost like a paper cut. Anyway, there was no evidence of it at the next nappy change.
But today, it had happened again, a little further round. This time the blood was fresh. I gently wiped it away, and a tiny amount of blood reappeared.
I assume this is just an irritation (due to being out and about, the nappy had been on for longer than usual, around 6hrs)? I haven't put anything on it, but should I put Sudocrem on?

DrSeuss Fri 11-Feb-11 09:51:28

DS had this, just a bit of cracked skin which we assumed was due to irritation. Bit of Sudocrem or Metanium fixed it.

vmcd28 Sun 13-Feb-11 11:00:31

Thanks for the reply. Happened again yesterday but vanished quickly again. Very odd.

DrSeuss Sun 13-Feb-11 20:01:41

That seems to be the thing with nappy irritations. They come on fast and heal fast. Weird!

vmcd28 Fri 18-Feb-11 14:34:02

Aaargh! It's back! Each little crease on his Boaby is bright red and looks a bit cracked. Can't take him to doc today as I'm already babysitting my friend's son after school
Could it be thrush?

josephaedrus Sat 17-Jan-15 19:18:25

Don't know if you're still out there vmcd28? This has started happening to our son. Did you ever discover what caused it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now