Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teething & loss of appetite

(5 Posts)
lottytheladybird Mon 31-Jan-11 17:32:20

My DS is 7 months old and his first tooth has just cut through. Is it normal for babies to go off their solids completely? When can I expect my DS to start eating his solids again?

Vanillacandle Mon 31-Jan-11 19:00:49

Yes, it is perfectly normal! His gums will be sore, and he has to get used to this new thing in his mouth. Try making the puree as smooth as you can and go back to no lumps so he doesn't have to chew. Maybe give him something cold like a cucumber stick that's been in the freezer for a few minutes to suck on to soothe the aches. He should be back to normal in a day or so.

Tigertravel Wed 24-Aug-11 13:35:06

My 8 month old baby was diagnosed with a throat infection after 2 visits to A&E was put on penicillin, calpol and baby ibuprofen - temperature is down but he is still refusing all solids - how long should this last? he will take a few bits of fruit by hand but no by spoon before he was sick he would never refuse food?

Limy Wed 24-Aug-11 18:06:22

Hi my dd, 8 month, is exactly the same. Her first tooth came through on Sunday. I have found if I rub teething gel on her gums about 20 min before food or a bottle she seems to take it a lot better. She still isn't having as much but at least she is taking something.

Limy Wed 24-Aug-11 18:06:22

Hi my dd, 8 month, is exactly the same. Her first tooth came through on Sunday. I have found if I rub teething gel on her gums about 20 min before food or a bottle she seems to take it a lot better. She still isn't having as much but at least she is taking something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now