Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5yo DD - My tummy hurts (in the night), any ideas??

(6 Posts)
chocohead Fri 14-Jan-11 07:19:24

Hi,
For the last 8 nights my DD has woken up usually after around 4 hours of being asleep, crying and saying her tummy hurts behind her belly button. She will usually eventually settle back down and sometimes wake again.

I just have no idea what it is or what to do. I have taken her to the drs they just said hopefully it will go on its own after feeling her tummy. She has not had sickness/diarroea/constipation? She doesn't respond to Calpol.

Anyway i am So tired and wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar or has any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks

maize Fri 14-Jan-11 07:21:40

worms can make their tummy hurt I think, is she scratching?

chocohead Fri 14-Jan-11 07:46:48

No she is not scratching she did have worms a few months ago but seems to have cleared up with a couple of treatments

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 14-Jan-11 08:05:38

How are things at school? i only ask because our DD had about a fortnight of this. It turned out she was being bullied.

chocohead Fri 14-Jan-11 08:42:03

I think they are ok i keep asking her, teachers have no concerns. She has been taking and dreaming about dying, maybe it is linked to this, just not sure how to know for sure sad

timetosmile Sat 15-Jan-11 00:21:36

as a rule of thumb, the further away from the belly button the pain is, the more likely it is to be something organically wrong. So behind the belly button is a typical place for pain with no serious underlying cause.

Is she charging around at usual speed through the day? What about appetite and mood?

It is definately worth getting a urine sample checked by the nurse at the surgery, urine infections do present in funny ways in kids, often without the dashing to the loo/pain when weeing, and are relatively common in little girls.

If she's not herself generally though, or the pain starts appearing more frequently, then get your GP to have a look, hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: