Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD nearly 1 keeps toppling over backwards - losing balance

(5 Posts)
mummytopebs Thu 13-Jan-11 20:43:14

DD has been walking now for around 4 weeks and has had no problems. For about the last 3 days she keeps kind of losing her balance and toppling over backwards, almost as if someone has a string attached to her head and pulling it back. Should I be concerned about this? She has got a bit of a cold but no other symptoms

Flojo1979 Thu 13-Jan-11 20:47:25

Maybe its something to do with walking quite young, babies heads are usually out of proportion to rest of body, so maybe its a weight balance issue that will resolve itself, i guess at that age u have to walk round with them constantly anyway to catch them.

mummytopebs Thu 13-Jan-11 21:07:02

She has started walking quite young but she has been on for nearly 4 weeks and it is just the last couple of days she has been toppling

Flojo1979 Fri 14-Jan-11 09:35:26

In that case i'd speak to GP or HV, always better to get these things checked. Maybe ear infection or something like. I'm sure it'll be nothing, try not to worry, but if its come on all of sudden then no harm in checking. Most GPs do telephone consultations, save u the hassle of getting out the door.

sneezecakesmum Fri 14-Jan-11 17:29:46

Its most likely to do with the current illnes she has, but because little pebs has had so many problems in the past I would get her checked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: