Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS experiencing pain passing poo

(3 Posts)
lottytheladybird Sat 08-Jan-11 13:04:54

My 6 month old is experiencing pain passing his stools, which are hard and about 2.5cm in diameter (quite large I think for a baby!). How can I help relieve his discomfort? It's awful watching him in pain and not being able to help him.

moomaa Sat 08-Jan-11 13:14:54

My DD was like this, I used to put her on her changing mat with her nappy open and massage her tummy gently and cycle her legs gently too until it came out. She needed quite a lot of comforting too.

Slowly she got happier with it but it did take a good few weeks.

With DD it co-incided with the start of weaning. What I fed her didn't seem to make any difference and she had plenty of fluids too.

As it happens she was then 'funny' about pooing again when we started potty training, I don't know if this is coincidence too or she is just sensitive about sensations down there.

Seona1973 Sat 08-Jan-11 13:15:12

more fluids? If he is on solids avoid banana and baby rice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: