Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

urinary pain at night

(3 Posts)
sleepy1 Sat 08-Jan-11 12:21:35

Hello, has anyone heard of children having pain at night in the urinary tract caused by a throat infection/cold.
My daughter has had cystitis type pain at night but no sypmtoms during the day. S light temperature and no other sypmtoms apart from a sore throat to start with. Been to see GP on many occassions as the pain at night usually heralds the on set of a cold/ sore throat.
Is there anyone who can help? or has this problem? We have been awake for four night in a row

cupofcoffee Sun 09-Jan-11 10:52:43

What exactly do you mean by cystitis type pain? Is she getting pain when she wees? Or is she complaining of tummy ache?

Have you had a urine test done by the GP surgery to check she does not have a urine infection?

sleepy1 Wed 12-Jan-11 22:26:48

Have taken her to the doctor to have urine test twice now. Nothing shown in the urine test. I Think it is like cystitit pain.She holds her Lulu( thats the name we have given it) and cries and cries. Have tried creams and calpol and Nurofen , nothing seems to take the pain away. She cries for 1-2 hours then goes to sleep. As I said the doctor seems to think that it is related to her throat infection , but its been going on for a week now. Its agonising to watch . Help!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: