Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What are people's opinions on faith charms for healing?

(4 Posts)
Tras Thu 06-Jan-11 22:08:53

We are getting little sleep at the minute due my daughters eczema. Have been seriously considering getting a faith charm for healing. I am from Northern Ireland and I am sure I could get a number somewhere.

Has anyone experienced anything where these have worked or do you think they are just rubbish? Most of the charms I have heard of are free and you just phone the person, so I know the person isn't doing it for money. Still a bit dubious though! hmm

meltedmarsbars Thu 06-Jan-11 22:12:32

Yep, d'ya think they can cure my daughter's Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Deficiency while they're at it? The wheelchairs are a bugger, you know.

I think you answered it in your last line, Tras!

NIPPOLOPOLIS Thu 06-Jan-11 22:13:26

so you phone a person and what does that person do?

moajab Fri 07-Jan-11 23:50:57

Having a faith charm is not going to do any harm but I wouldn't get too hopeful about it doing any good either, especially as you're feeling a bit dubious about it. If you have faith in it then maybe having it will bring you some peace of mind and perhaps help you to settle back to sleep better once your daughter goes back to sleep.

A couple of points though - remember that a faith charm is no substitute for whatever your doctor is recomending.
Also although the initial charm may be free they may well start suggesting or even pressurizing you into all sorts of other 'essential' charms and treatments which you would pay for. At best you may end up on a mailing list for every dodgy eczema remedy going.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: