Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Thrush and boils - take back to Dr?

(4 Posts)
Helium Wed 05-Jan-11 19:27:43

My DD3 has had thrush pretty much since early December - flaring up but never seeming to QUITE go away. She's also in the last couple of months got boils/spots on her bottom/legs.
Anyone know what this could be..? I'm wondering if diabetes..???

vintageteacups Thu 06-Jan-11 10:14:49

I would ask to have her tested (not only for diabetes); seems very uncommon in toddlers of that age.

Is she wearing tights that are making her hot and sweaty?

Clair100 Thu 06-Jan-11 11:24:06

Not quite the same thing I know but my DS (5) recently had a very sore, red itchy bottom, accompanied with spots and boils on his bottom and the tops of his legs. After several visits to the doctor and endless creams, medicine for worms, etc, the problem didn't go away. On the third visit to the doctor we saw a locum doctor who did a swab test - painless, over in seconds - and it was sent away for analysis. Turns out he had some sort of bacterial skin infection and he was given a week's course of antibiotics (amoxiclin I think). The problem cleared up straight away and hasn't returned. It may be worth asking your GP for a swab test in case it isn't thrush but some other sort of skin infection that simple antibiotics will sort out

ImeldaSnowboots Thu 06-Jan-11 11:28:54

I would agree with Clair100, could be another type of skin infection if causing boils or spots.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: