Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyones baby had Swine flu jab?

(8 Posts)
mummytopebs Wed 05-Jan-11 13:02:40

DD 11 months has been summoned for hers tomorrow, I am a bit worried with her being young.

Sirzy Wed 05-Jan-11 13:13:16

Ds is having his next week as he is an at risk group.

Is your lo in an at risk group? There seems to be some gps doing any under 5s and others sticking to the official guidance

mummytopebs Wed 05-Jan-11 13:27:11

She is in the at risk group, my gp didnt offer it to her until her consultant got in touch with them and said he wanted her to have it!!!

I have another dd who is 5 who I would like ot have it as she had it last year with no side effects but they wont let her get it. I was just concerned with dd being a baby.

Will dd who had it December 2009 still be protected a bit or not? It is very worrying a healthy 21 year old has just died of it in our local hospital

Galena Wed 05-Jan-11 14:36:18

DD had it last year at 7 or 8 months (iirc) which, due to her prematurity means she was 4 or 5 months corrected and she was absolutely fine. Got her seasonal flu jab on Friday...

Seona1973 Wed 05-Jan-11 19:02:03

Galena, this years seasonal flu jab also contains the swine flu component so she will be getting it again

Galena Wed 05-Jan-11 19:48:33

That's fine by me. The more protection she has, the better.

BertieBasset Wed 05-Jan-11 19:50:44

My DD has it last year bang on 6 months and she was fine. They haven't given it to her this year though as she isn't at risk.

I have had the jab this year as pregnant and again no reaction.

llareggub Wed 05-Jan-11 19:54:21

Mine had it last year and they were fine afterwards. We've not been called yet for this year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: