Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 year old often sick at night

(3 Posts)
Grapes2 Tue 04-Jan-11 23:45:35

My dd3, who is 2 and 5 months is often sick at night. She likes to sleep with me- I am her teddy- and often gets her way because from birth (I think) she seemed able to make herself sick at will- on a cough- or a short crying fit. After a while exhaustion took hold and so the technique has proved effective and for the most part, after a long settling routine, she sleeps in her bed, then around midnight wakes and walks into our bed. However this winter she has suffered a few chest infections, and is more often sick than not (i.e 4-5 nights out of 7).I always take her to the doctors and she has had three lots of anti-B this Autumn and xmas. She is getting quite good at telling us and being sick in a bowl. Could there be something medically wrong with her? Could asthma reveal itself like this? Has anyone else had experience of this? Or have I just made a rod for my own back re: sleeping habits. (Or both!)
Thanks

SuzannePetal Wed 05-Jan-11 23:20:41

It could be some sort of seperation anxiety. Its good u stick to a bedtime routine now and are being firm. Maybe check with the doctor for allergies and food intolerances just incase somthing she's eatin could be upsetting her. I would definately also get in touch with ur health visitor. Shes probably best to give advice. Hope that helps a little.

Grapes2 Wed 05-Jan-11 23:27:52

Thanks. I think you are right although I also think coughing and snot makes it worse too. I will get in touch with my HV. It seems mad as she is my third and I never had these problems with the other two! However maybe it is BECAUSE she is my third, and, due to change in circumstances, I have to work almost full time that has made the problem!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now