Advanced search

asthma inhaler squeeze trigger

(7 Posts)
notimetotidy Tue 04-Jan-11 10:48:41

This isn't actually about a child but about mum and I'm not sure where else to put it. She cannot squeeze the inhaler down and I am sure I saw that it is possible to get some sort of a squeeze trigger that fits over the inhaler - does anyone know what I mean? We seem to have been at the doctors permanently over the past couple of weeks and they have given her a spacer with mask as she wasn't able to do the deep breath to get the inhaler to work properly. If I know the name of the thing to ask for and get past the receptionists (who are very nice) it would be a big help. Thanks.

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 04-Jan-11 11:00:04

Message withdrawn

notimetotidy Tue 04-Jan-11 11:09:38

Thanks pixie, she had one of these but couldn't 'get' that you had to breath it down into the lungs for it to work - may have well just given her fresh air! This is why the doctor gave her the spacer so that she can just breathe through the mask. (She had a stroke many years ago and has problems with some motor skills.)

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 04-Jan-11 11:23:34

Message withdrawn

notimetotidy Tue 04-Jan-11 11:38:38

Thanks pixie, that's exactly what I meant. I'll print the picture out and take it to the doctors. Why is it not available on prescription? - I'll ask them anyway.

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 04-Jan-11 11:43:28

Message withdrawn

notimetotidy Tue 04-Jan-11 11:47:44

Just noticed it is only £1.50 so I'll probably just buy a couple! Many thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: