Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I feel sick, DD fell off the bed...

(8 Posts)
NineLadiesDancingThroughLife Sun 02-Jan-11 13:11:08

sad sad sad

She's 7mo. She was asleep, so I was pottering in and out of the bedroom doing bits and bobs. Pottered out for a minute... bam...

What do I need to look out for? She looks and seems normal now, apart from the egg that's brewing on her head and possibly a black eye as I think she landed on her face. Her pupils look normal, and she's smiling and crawling and playing as normal.

Suffice to say, she's never sleeping on the bed with me again.I know they all do it at some point, but still.

TheVisitor Sun 02-Jan-11 13:13:02

She sounds fine, and it's pretty much a rite of passage for a baby to fall off a bed or sofa. I'd say it's happened to the majority of us. If she's behaving as normal, then she's likely to be fine. Just keep an eye and if she gets unusually sleepy, distressed or vomits, then get her checked out.

SoupDragon Sun 02-Jan-11 13:16:00

Watch for drowsiness and vomiting. If she sleeps, rouse her gently to see if she stirs, no need to actually wake her.

She'll be fine.

I remember listening to DD from my bathroom thumping the sides of her cot which was beside my bed. When I returned, she was actually under my bed having fallen over the rails of the cot onto the bed and then rolled off onto the floor. She was actually trying to sit up under the bed and whacking her head on the slats blush She is a third born though and somewhat more robust.

Mum72 Sun 02-Jan-11 13:21:03

Oh poor you and baby.

Like has been said - this has happend to most of us and yes the cound of that thud does stay ith you and make youi shudder and feel sick.

She sounds OK but keep a close eye on her for the next 24hours following the advice in the above posts.

FairiesWearSnowBoots Sun 02-Jan-11 13:25:37

This happened to DS at about the same age, he was fine. There isn't a worse feeling though, DH calmed me down then went to the loo and was sick, which made me have a panic attack! (I'm not a panic attacky person)

Don't feel bad about it, just note that your baby has become more mobile!

missmehalia Sun 02-Jan-11 13:26:25

Oh, puke city. Horrible, horrible. Don't hate yourself, this seems to have happened in every family I know of, including ours. I agree with all the advice on here, just be watchful, give her some arnica if you've got any (seems to settle our two amazingly well after bumps and scrapes. Have some yourself!! Good for shock.) She will probably be fine!! And make yourself a good strong cup of tea, it's one of the vile aspects of parenting.

TheVisitor Sun 02-Jan-11 13:27:30

I keep arnica gel in the fridge for bumps.

NineLadiesDancingThroughLife Sun 02-Jan-11 13:40:58

Thanks everyone, DH has made me that cuppa while DD is demolishing the living room.

She only crawled 2 days ago, so I definitely underestimated her mobility while asleep! grin

She's like a wind up toy, rockets off in a straight line then proceeds to head butt whatever is in her way (sofa, wall etc) rather than turn round confused

shock soupdragon - what a houdini!

Thanks again, I feel better already.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: