Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diarreah - black/dark, for 2 days now

(5 Posts)
dietqueen Sat 01-Jan-11 22:17:11

DS was ill last week, sickness, cold, temperature. Took to Dr's and was thoroughly checked over - no infection, viral.

Last 2 days he has picked up and appetite has returned and he seems well but has now developed diarreah which is very dark, almost black.

Tonight it has turned more brownish - Im giving lots of liquids to avoid dehydration, should I be concerned?

cookielove Sat 01-Jan-11 22:19:47

Is it loose or is it water?

dietqueen Sat 01-Jan-11 22:21:20

It's watery I'd say - like a running tap!

cookielove Sat 01-Jan-11 22:21:20

Sorry i say that only because, as he is getting over an illness i wouldn't be overly concerned if it is loose, but if it is water then i would assume it is more likely he has picked up another bug which is likely if his immune system is low due to other illnesses.

hth

dietqueen Sat 01-Jan-11 22:25:09

WE havent been out in a week only to the Dr's - the surgery was heaving so Im assuming he's caught it from there!

Will see what tomorrow brings - thanks for replying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now