Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

BCG vaccination site

(4 Posts)
springbelle Sat 01-Jan-11 21:16:51

My 15 month old DD had her BCG at the end of September. Over three months later and the site of the injection is still angry looking and red with the outer circle being roughly the size of a fifty pence piece. There is a small scab in the middle and the bump is very noticable on her arm. It has not been weeping and does not seem to trouble her.

Should I be concerned? How long do they take to heal? I thought it would be couple of months maximum. I had my BCG at 14 and can't remember how long it took to get better, it was a long time ago to be fair .

dietqueen Sat 01-Jan-11 22:14:25

My DS had this and it gets worse after a few months - it flares up then eventually goes down.

He has it around 8 months ago now and its still quite red but alot smaller.

performancegirl Sun 02-Jan-11 17:47:12

Ds had his BCG when he was 11 months old, he is now 3 & until about 6 months ago it looked like a big purple boil on his arm. I spoke to the hospital about it when it had not healed after about 6 months & they said this was just something that happened to a small number of children & that it would go eventually. 2 years on it now looks like a normal BCG scar. Hope this helps

springbelle Sun 02-Jan-11 23:03:45

Thanks ladies. My instincts told me not to worry but I wanted to check in for some reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now