Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Think my dd has been coughing up blood help ?

(4 Posts)
laughalot Sat 01-Jan-11 15:22:27

My dd is 3 she has been to the doctors a few days ago as she had bad cough, cold ect the doctor said it was mild flu symptoms and he gave her calpol and linctus to try and help

Anyways she has woken up this morning with blood in her mouth and round her face and a fair bit on her duvet most of the morning when her nose was running it was bright red blood any ideas ? She is ok in herself not eating alot but drinking and playing with her toys.

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Sat 01-Jan-11 15:44:55

when dd had what we suspect was flu last year she had the most horrific nose bleeds with it (coupled with asthma attacks. hideous.) So it could be that? If you do think that it is from her cough, with that amount then she needs to be seen urgently. Streaks of bright red blood in mucous is one thing. What looks like lots of blood is another.

dufduf Sat 01-Jan-11 15:54:28

Could you see if the blood had come from her mouth or has she had a nose bleed and gone into her mouth from her nose? Hope that makes sense.

Since I was very small i have always had a week nose and whenever I have a cold I am prone to very, very heavy nose bleeds where it literally pours out of my nose like a tap for up to 10 mins. It's annoying but not serious, can look a bt scary to the uninitiated though.

I don't suppose you give a toss about my health, just wanted to try and reasssure you that what is happeneing with your DD could be normal! Either way, I'd probably take her to your local walk in clinic or somethign to be on the safe side xx

laughalot Sat 01-Jan-11 18:48:21

Thankyou for your replies ladies, it could have come from her nose into her throat and she has then coughed it up im not sure but that seems likely. She had a fair bit in the morning but as the day has gone on there has been no more. Daddy is going in her bed tonight and she will sleep with me just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for all your advice. Happy new year

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: