Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Weeping eczema on cheeks

(9 Posts)
LadyintheRadiator Sun 26-Dec-10 19:09:30

How can i treat this? Should I take DS to the walk in clinic in the morning. It looks so very sore and angry and has appeared literally overnight. Been using oilatum which made a big difference in redness this week. But the first hint of a cold or runny nose and it seems to flare right up. Have oilatum and fucidin. DS screams whatever is applied

PixieOnaLeaf Sun 26-Dec-10 20:07:40

Message withdrawn

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Sun 26-Dec-10 20:09:14

He could do with some hydrocortisone cream, he needs to see the GP in the morning.

LadyintheRadiator Sun 26-Dec-10 20:12:44

Thanks, I am so tired of this, though I know eczema is not a major thing, am thankful that's the worst of it, but actually finding it stressful - feeling helpless, hate not being able to make it better, worrying about his night etc. Clinic opens at 8, assuming GP will be closed?

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Sun 26-Dec-10 20:16:06

It can be very painful. My son has had eczema, thank fully it's something he's grown out of but it's horrible to see him want to scratch his skin so it's red raw. The GP should be open tomorrow, I don't think it's a bank holiday. It could be infected if it's weeping.

I hope he's better soon.

LadyintheRadiator Sun 26-Dec-10 20:22:26

Yes I think it may be infected, he had anti-biotics about a month ago as woke up with it all crusted over, seemingly out of the blue. It looks similar to then, but wetter IYSWIM. The fucidin is antibacterial so I might try and sneak a bit on in his sleep.

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Sun 26-Dec-10 22:16:09

It might help to give him some calpol. sad GP in the morning though.

alypaly Tue 28-Dec-10 01:11:12

hydrocortisone should not be used on broken skin. if it has flared up over night it is possible it is infected or that it has got chapped through cold weather.

Ewe Fri 31-Dec-10 14:17:45

My DD gets bad eczema on her cheeks, epaderm emollient has literally been life changing after trying a dozen different creams. We've not had to use any of the harder creams for a good few months now as long as we remember to apply it a few times per day. Worth asking for if it her creams not making an impact.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: