Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Stinking cold or chest infection? :(

(6 Posts)
comewhinewithme Wed 22-Dec-10 21:00:32

Took her to GP's on Monday as she had a cough.Everything clear and GP decided just a viral cough.She perked up yesterday but today her cough sounds chesty but no wheezing and has streaming eyes and nose .
She is a bit whingy but has energy and an appetite.
So what do you think stinking cold, chest infection or flu?

NotNowBernardImStuffingTheBird Wed 22-Dec-10 21:03:20

Sounds like dd2

Hacking cough, streaming nose, temp...

But GP said no infection

I reckon v v v nasty cold - not 'flu (dd2) as she is still eating and wanting to do normal stuff

TheUnmentioned Wed 22-Dec-10 21:05:54

Sounds like what dh, ds and me have got and I am praying dd (12wks) doesnt get.

Ds (4 tomorrow) especially has been bad with a temp of almost 40 not responding to calpol or nurofen, HORRIBLE cough, streaning nose and eyes. we had him at kids ward yday due to the non responsive fever and his chest is clear but ears and throat v v red. He has still eaten a wee bit though and been playing etc.

comewhinewithme Wed 22-Dec-10 21:07:37

Well she is still a happy and giggling away so I am inclined to think the same as you Bernard.
Will see how she goes tonight and decide if I have to visit Doc's again tomorrow -hopefully not.
Hope your DD feels better soon.

comewhinewithme Wed 22-Dec-10 21:09:16

Unmentioned fingers crossed DD avoids it and the rest of you recover soon.

It is a real stinker if it is a cold her poor eyes look terrible.

Littlefish Wed 22-Dec-10 21:12:59

I was convinced that dd (aged 6) was just making a fuss about her sore throat and ears. I took her to the GP and it turns out she's got an ear infection and a chest infection.

I feel like a terrible mother!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: