Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tell me about Febrile convulsions in the under 1's

(5 Posts)
lifeinagoldfishbowl Wed 22-Dec-10 19:49:24

The little girl that I look after has had 2 febrile convulsions in the last couple of days.

Hospital not sure what's going on with her.

So tell me your experiences of febrile convulsions and help me take my mind off my gorgeous girl being poorly.

aristocat Thu 23-Dec-10 07:59:50

hi, my DS had these for about 9-10 months on and off but he was older than your LO, he was about 2 1/2 when they started.

for us it was a catalogue of chest infections/acute tonsilitis etc that brought them on.

hope she gets better soon smile

enimod Thu 23-Dec-10 12:41:45

my little boy had one at 5 months and possible another at 6 months- the first we were in the car and it scared the wits out of me i drove straight to the hospital-he was fine but sleepy- all they did was check his temperature- he possibly had a second but milder but fine stright afer.both due to chest infections and temperature. scary as hell

lifeinagoldfishbowl Thu 23-Dec-10 14:15:12

Well she was kept in hospital overnight and discharged so just hoping it's "nothing" Good to hear they stopped after a while Aristocat.

aristocat Thu 23-Dec-10 15:03:37

goldfish they are really frightening arent they?
how old is your LO? we stayed in hospital one night too but of course it didnt happen then.
please be careful my DS regularly had temps of 41C during these seizures.
wishing you both well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now