Talk

Advanced search

when should I worry/take baby back to dr?

(6 Posts)
MrsGravy Wed 22-Dec-10 14:28:45

My 6 month old has been ill since saturday, particularly so since yesterday - high temp, cough, streaming nose and conjunctivitis. Took her to dr yesterday and he said just cold/virus. But today she has been asleep all day. She has stirred a few times and had a breastfeed and a grizzle. Should I take her back to dr tomorrow if she is no better or let it run its course?

PixieOnaLeaf Wed 22-Dec-10 14:40:00

Message withdrawn

MrsGravy Wed 22-Dec-10 14:43:40

Yes lots of dirty and wet nappies. Thanks pixies, I guess I just wanted some reassurance, I hate seeing her so poorly.

PixieOnaLeaf Wed 22-Dec-10 14:47:50

Message withdrawn

HMTheQueen Wed 22-Dec-10 15:03:34

I second Pixie... follow the dr's advice to a point, but follow your instincts. They are remarkably accurate!

And don't forget to rest while she is sleeping - if she's anything like my DS, he would sleep when ill, but he would go, go, go when he woke up as he was so well rested! grin

MrsGravy Wed 22-Dec-10 15:38:34

Thanks both. My GP is great and said to bring her back if I had any worries but dont want to be bothering him every day! Will see how we go - she is my 3rd and i've never seen the other 2 this poorly at this age. Poor little sausage :-(

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: