Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

when should I worry/take baby back to dr?

(6 Posts)
MrsGravy Wed 22-Dec-10 14:28:45

My 6 month old has been ill since saturday, particularly so since yesterday - high temp, cough, streaming nose and conjunctivitis. Took her to dr yesterday and he said just cold/virus. But today she has been asleep all day. She has stirred a few times and had a breastfeed and a grizzle. Should I take her back to dr tomorrow if she is no better or let it run its course?

PixieOnaLeaf Wed 22-Dec-10 14:40:00

Message withdrawn

MrsGravy Wed 22-Dec-10 14:43:40

Yes lots of dirty and wet nappies. Thanks pixies, I guess I just wanted some reassurance, I hate seeing her so poorly.

PixieOnaLeaf Wed 22-Dec-10 14:47:50

Message withdrawn

HMTheQueen Wed 22-Dec-10 15:03:34

I second Pixie... follow the dr's advice to a point, but follow your instincts. They are remarkably accurate!

And don't forget to rest while she is sleeping - if she's anything like my DS, he would sleep when ill, but he would go, go, go when he woke up as he was so well rested! grin

MrsGravy Wed 22-Dec-10 15:38:34

Thanks both. My GP is great and said to bring her back if I had any worries but dont want to be bothering him every day! Will see how we go - she is my 3rd and i've never seen the other 2 this poorly at this age. Poor little sausage :-(

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: