Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

pain on one side of chest

(4 Posts)
basildonbond Tue 21-Dec-10 22:05:38

ds1 (13) has had a stinker of a cold for the last 4 days - high temp and much snot/gunky eyes etc (no cough as yet though)

this evening he started complaining of pain on the right side of his chest - he said it felt like cramp but it's not gone away (3-4 hours now) not got much worse either and he's taken himself off to bed

I've dosed him up with nurofen

any ideas what it might be - is it connected to his cold?

mommmmyof2 Tue 21-Dec-10 22:30:36

I have never heard of chest pains with a cold, unless it asthma related.
I think any sort of pains in the chest that continue are best being looked at by a doctor.
Better to be over causious and it puts your mind at ease then too. Maybe something as simple as a bit of heart burn, It can be very painful at times.Hope he is ok.

PaxoIsEvil Tue 21-Dec-10 22:36:46

I had this last week and it turned out to be pleurisy. Might be worth getting him to a doctor. Is it worse when he takes a deep breath? Or coughs/sneezes? It can be muscular, but worth a check. I finish my antibiotics tomorrow and feel a million times better. Hope he starts to recover soon

basildonbond Wed 22-Dec-10 22:37:22

Thanks for your posts - he's got much better today so seems to be on the mend and the pain's not so bad - will still keep an eye on it

pleurisy was in the back of my mind as my sister had this following acute pneumonia a couple of years ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now