Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I see if I can get DD in the emergency doctors tomorrow?

(5 Posts)
ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 20-Dec-10 21:08:36

DD has been complaining of a tummy ache for a while, it hasn't really affected her but she has said that it hurts. She complained on Saturday that it hurt her when she went to the loo.
I rang the docs and have booked her in for Thurs on their routine appointment list.
Sunday morning, she woke up complaining of a headache, tummy ache and generally not feeling well. She was supposed to be doing a dance exam that morning and there was no way she could make it as she looked poorly, and not long after getting up she began being sick. Her temperature was up, nothing massively high but hot to the touch. She was sick until about five in the evening.
Today she has been with my dad, she seemed bright and perky this morning so I thought she was better, though she did say her tummy hurt. Dad sent me a message this afternoon saying she was listless again, temp was up and she generally seemed a bit off. She perked up again this evening, but she'll still be off school tomorrow. She went to bed after having some medicine, she's a bit hot and is coughing a bit now.
Do I keep the appointment on Thursday as I want to get her tummy checked, or should I ring tomorrow and try to get her in as an emergency appointment? I don't like making a fuss, I always find it difficult to judge how poorly she is, its so much easier when its me ill as I know exactly how ill I am iyswim!
She's five btw.

PrincessScrumpy Mon 20-Dec-10 21:31:30

If in doubt make an emergency appointment. The other thing I've done is ask the gp to call me back and talk to him on the phone. In the past he's told me to come in at the end of surgery and he stays late. That way I don't feel guilty as he's made the call for me.

orangepoo Mon 20-Dec-10 21:33:41

I'd make the emergency appointment - I always do if in any doubt.

Bobbiesmum Mon 20-Dec-10 21:35:41

Really sounds like a uti. Definitely get her seen tomorrow and take a urine sample.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Mon 20-Dec-10 21:47:59

thanks - will ring up the docs tomorrow morning. She HATES going to the doctors, slightly phobic, so hopefully she wont be too annoyed with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now