Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Humidifier?

(6 Posts)
thatsnotmymonkey Sun 19-Dec-10 18:14:08

My DS is just like his dad and when he gets a cold it goes right to his nose and nasal passages, he gets all blocked up and has wakeful nights.

When we lived in the states we used to have a humidifier that worked a treat in the dry Colorado air. Can anyone recommend me one that I could use in his room at night to keep it moist? Thanks MN

DeckTheHallWithBowlsOfPomBears Sun 19-Dec-10 18:19:11

we have a Vicks one. it does a good job.
I think it might be this one or similar.

dribbleface Sun 19-Dec-10 19:41:27

We have a avent one - best thing we brought for Ds

thatsnotmymonkey Sun 19-Dec-10 19:57:51

thanks guys, have been looking online and it looks like the avent one is difficult to clean?

dribbleface Sun 19-Dec-10 20:11:31

not had a problem with it myself. Clean it reguarly and descaled it once. I have nothing to compare it to though

Makinglists Sun 19-Dec-10 20:18:37

We brought a vicks one last week (£25 in Sainsbury's) - so far its seemed pretty simple to use and has helped DS2 who is recovering from broncolitis. Much simpler and safer than slopping around with bowls of hot water/steaming kettles. The heating unit has a little reservoir where you can add vicks/karvol etc but as DS2 is only 6 weeks we've just used it to produce steam. A couple of school mums have got them and recommended it to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now